21st Annual Health Fair
Save the Date! The 21st Annual City of Clearwater Health Fair will be held on Friday, September 29th from 9 am to 2 pm at the Ross Norton Recreation Complex, located at 1426 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. Clearwater, FL 33756. The Health Fair will be the kickoff to Open Enrollment, which will run from September 29th through October 27th. Attend the Health Fair to speak with our benefit providers, meet with staff from our Employee Health Center, obtain various health screenings, and pick up a 2018 Employee Benefits Highlights Book. There will also be a United Way Dunk Tank Fundraiser! Appearing in the Dunk Tank will be City Leaders from the City Manager’s Office, Clearwater Gas, Human Resources, Customer Service, Solid Waste, Public Communications, and many more! Read the details for more information.
Do you have a question about your insurance benefits? Are you receiving bills from your provider and not understanding why? For assistance, please click here.
Cigna Representatives will be onsite on the following dates and times to assist employees, retirees, and family members with questions regarding their Cigna health plan. For more details, please click here.
The city of Clearwater values its retirees and their hard work and dedication throughout the years. Information and resources that you might need after retiring from the city are included here.
Attention retirees with Health Insurance: Karen Dombrowski is the retiree representative on the City’s Benefits Committee. Karen’s role is to assist other committee members and administrators in making prudent decisions involving employee and retiree health benefits each year.
Karen is encouraging all retirees to reach out to her and provide your email address so she can keep you better informed with benefit changes or other pertinent information regarding your benefits as a retiree. Karen’s email address is KJD1613@hotmail.com.
City retirees have the option of enrolling in the city's medical, dental, and other benefit plans at the time they retire only. Retirees who do not maintain health insurance coverage directly from active employment or at the time they meet the criteria to receive a pension benefit, or those who maintain health insurance coverage and drop it at a later date, are not permitted to re-enroll in the City's group health insurance plan.
Benefit Committee Meeting Minutes
Read the latest issue of CONNECTION, The Newsletter for Current and Former City of Clearwater Employees.
Employee Health Center - Cigna On-Site Health
Located at 401 Corbett Street, Suite 240
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To make an appointment call (727) 298-1788
- Must be enrolled in the City's Medical Insurance to use the Health Center - No other requirement
- Managed by Cigna On-Site Health
- Staffed with a receptionist, 1 Physician, 1 Nurse Practitioner, 1 Health Coach, and 2 Medical Assistants
- No cost for ANY services:
- Primary and urgent care office visit
- Prescription drugs
- All services above must be written by the EHC physician.
Employee Health Clinic 2017 Holiday Schedule
|01/02/17||New Years Day|
|01/16/17||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|11/24/17||Thanksgiving Day Holiday|
- Patient Packet Forms
- Dr. Anil Patel
- Nurse Practitioner Jean Thomas
- Employee Health Center FAQ
- List of Health Center Prescriptions
- Influenza Vaccine Consent
- FLU Vaccine Information Sheet
- Online Enrollment Benefits Center
- Obtain your prior records from Care ATC
- TeleHealth Information
- Ask Cigna Flyer
- Lung Cancer Screening
Following are some resources that may be of interest to you.
- Cigna Online Provider Directory
Under select a plan, choose Open Access Plus, OA Plus, Choice Fund OA Plus
- Cigna Health Insurance
- Assurant Dental
- Humana/CompBenefits Dental
- Humana Visioncare/Compbenefits
- Cigna Behavioral – Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- Retirees covered under the City’s medical plan, also have access to short term therapy available through Cigna Behavioral
- Retirees can receive up to 5 free visits per issue
- Services are completely confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Cigna Behavioral Health offers many different types of short term therapy, including but not limited to:
- Financial support
- Counseling and relationship support
- Stress, anxiety, or depression counseling
- Retirees can receive treatment in the following ways:
- Face to Face
- Telephonic with network provider
- If an employee receives authorization under EAP and the visits are exhausted they can continue care under Cigna’s behavioral health benefits and continue treatment or counseling for a $10.00 copay.
- City of Clearwater toll free line, 1-877-622-4327
- “Employee ID”: clearwater
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans:
- 401a Money Purchase Pension Plan
As always, you may contact Human Resources with questions about benefits, pension payments, or other concerns by calling (727) 562-4870. You also may submit questions online through Clearwater Connect. Please provide an e-mail address so we may get back in contact with you.